Rowen has broad experience advising lenders and borrowers on a wide variety of financing transactions, including resource finance, project finance, acquisition finance, property finance and corporate finance.
Rowen has practised across a range of industries including mining, property, infrastructure, agribusiness, trade and structured finance and private equity. He has worked on finance transactions in a number of jurisdictions including Australia, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Mongolia, India, Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Cyprus, Netherlands, Ireland, Dominican Republic, Canada and the Cayman Islands.
Rowen has acted on a range of projects and facilities for borrowers and lenders, including:
- acted for Mineral Resources Limited on the provision of A$500 million syndicated debt and guarantee facilities, A$120 million syndicated leasing facility and a A$450 million secured bridging facility
- acted for the lenders (NAB, ING and SocGen) on the project finance and working capital facility to Gold Road Resources to fund its joint venture interest in the Gruyere gold project in Western Australia
- acted for Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited on its A$34,800,000 facility to the Roe Highway Logistics Park Unit Trust to fund the acquisition and subsequent development of the Roe Highway Logistics Park, Western Australia
- acted for Taurus Mining Finance Fund, International Finance Corporation and RCF in respect of the US$162.5 million financing of the Kipoi Copper project located in Democratic Republic of Congo
- acted for the Bethanie Group on the provision by CBA of a $137,000,000 facility to fund, inter alia, the construction of retirement and aged care living developments throughout Perth, Western Australia
Rowen holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce from Murdoch University. Rowen also has a MSc. (Finance) from the University of London (graduated with distinction).