Ross has worked on the most high profile cross-border investigations.
Ross spent nine months on secondment to the Regulatory Decisions Committee of the FCA. He advised the Chair of the RDC and Panels in relation to criminal, civil and regulatory matters, including the prohibition of an individual, approval of a firm for authorisation and various matters involving interactions with Supervision, Enforcement and Authorisations.
Recent matters include key roles for global investment banks in relation to the cross-border FX investigations and the Panama Papers.
Ross' secondment to the RDC has proved invaluable in him better understanding the expectations of the regulator and he has developed an appreciation of effective advocacy in front of the RDC.
Ross' recent experience includes advising:
- a global investment bank in relation to cross-border investigations in respect of foreign exchange trading
- a global investment bank in relation to its response to regulators in relation to the so-called Panama Papers
- a global financial institution in relation to an FCA competition investigation
- a large UK retail bank in relation to a six year criminal investigation regarding two former senior employees with regard to fraud and corruption offences
- a global investment bank in relation to an alleged failure to manage conflicts
Ross read law and accountancy at Queen's University Belfast and attained professional exemptions in both subjects. Ross achieved a distinction on the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School and has obtained Rights of Audience (Civil) for the Higher Courts of England & Wales.