Roman has advised both private investors and public authorities on numerous projects in construction, transport sector, utilities and healthcare. Roman has participated in preparing draft laws amending federal and regional Russian PPP legislation and led a team of experts in the preparation of a UNECE PPP standard.
Ranked as Up-and-Coming for PPP in Russia (Chambers Europe 2018) Roman is a member of the Expert Council of the Committee for Economics of the Russian Parliament.
Roman's experience includes advising:
- a private investor on a PPP project of construction and management of the central medical laboratory in the Volgograd region
- a major Russian state-owned institution on a federal concession project for construction and operation of maritime and railway infrastructure of the Nakhodka seaport in the Sea of Japan and multipurpose production and transhipment plant Sever
- a foreign investor on a private concession initiative for the project involving construction and operation of a road bridge over Lena river in the area of Yakutsk, the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
- a consortium of private investors on the concession project in the Republic of Bashkortostan to construct and operate the "Eastern Exit", a 15 km road network in the city of Ufa
- the Moscow Government on the construction and operation of Kutuzovskiy avenue bypass
Roman Churakov is an of counsel in the Russian legal practice Herbert Smith Freehills College of Advocates of the city of Moscow.