Bob helps both UK and international clients implement M&A and other transactions across the globe.
Bob's clients operate primarily in the pharmaceuticals, infrastructure and transport sectors and his experience includes recommended and hostile public company takeovers, private company acquisitions and disposals and joint ventures, distressed M&A, demergers, innovative returns of value to shareholders and listed company regulation and compliance.
Bob's experience includes advising:
- Severn Trent
- on its contested and ground-breaking takeover bid for Dee Valley Group
- on its joint venture with United Utilities to combine their non-household water and wastewater retail businesses
- on the disposal of its water purification business
- Kier on its acquisition of McNicholas Construction Services
- Cipla on several manufacturing joint ventures across EMEA
- Stagecoach on the disposal of its Megabus platform business in mainland Europe
- Virgin Atlantic on the sale of a 49% interest to, and joint venture with, Delta Air Lines
- Ernst & Young (as administrators of Nortel’s EMEA entities) on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy sale of Nortel’s residual patents to the Rockstar consortium led by Apple, Microsoft, RIM, Sony and Ericsson