Bob helps clients implement M&A and other transactions across the globe.
Bob's experience includes public company takeovers, private company acquisitions and disposals and joint ventures, distressed M&A, demergers, innovative returns of value to shareholders and listed company governance issues.
A member of our Nordics, Healthcare and Aviation teams Bob is listed as a leading individual in aviation by Legal 500. He also works regularly with Japanese clients on international investments.
Bob's experience includes advising:
- Bridgestone Corporation on the acquisition of the business and assets relating to, and the grant of an exclusive worldwide licence to the technology of, the iTrack tyre monitoring system from Transense Technologies
- Dart Group (Jet2) on its institutional placing
- Asterion Infrastructure Partners on its takeover of AMP Clean Energy
- Virgin Atlantic on various transactions including its joint ventures with Delta Airlines and Air France KLM
- Severn Trent on its successful defence of a possible takeover offer from a Borealis led consortium, joint venture with United Utilities, acquisitions of Dee Valley and Agrivert and disposals of its water purification and water services businesses
- Impilo on its acquisition of The Fertility Partnership
- Genus on various investments
- Lonmin on its recommended all share takeover by Sibanye-Stillwater
- Elementis on its acquisition of Mondo Minerals and related rights issue
- Kin+Carta on various disposals of non-core businesses
- Kier on its acquisition of McNicholas Construction Services
- Cipla on several manufacturing joint ventures across EMEA
- Stagecoach on the disposal of its Megabus platform business in mainland Europe
- Ernst & Young (as administrators of Nortel’s EMEA entities) on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy sale of Nortel’s residual patents to the Rockstar consortium led by Apple, Microsoft, RIM, Sony and Ericsson