Robert advises on corporate transactions, fund raisings, funds management, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. His practice spans a number of sectors including real estate, infrastructure and financial services, with a focus on the property funds management industry. Robert has acted extensively on establishing, investing into and transacting with a broad range of funds structures and assets, through which he has gained a deep knowledge of key drivers and market settings.
Recent experience includes:
- restructure (via a series of trust schemes) and listing of the Aventus Retail Property Fund
- establishing the investment vehicles for the A$6 billion Barangaroo development in Sydney
- acting for Lendlease on establishing a joint venture with Ping An and Mitsubishi for the A$1.5 billion Circular Quay Towers project
- acting for Lendlease on its A$1.06 billion acquisition of Valemus (Abigroup and Baulderstone)
- acting for Wesfarmers on the sale of its underwriting business to IAG
- acting for NAB on its A$825 million acquisition of the Aviva Australia life insurance and wealth management platform
Robert holds both a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business degree and is admitted to practice in NSW. His experience in the property and financial services industries include periods of secondment to Lendlease (as acting General Counsel) and MLC. Robert is also a member of the Property Council of Australia’s Corporate Finance Working Group.