Richard assists clients to deliver projects in multiple jurisdictions across Australia. He works with clients on public private partnerships; engineering, procurement, and construction contracts; design and construction contracts; alliance, operation and maintenance agreements; as well as offtake, connection and joint venture agreements.
Richard uses his specialist knowledge of construction and infrastructure law, procurement expertise and management skills, and strong knowledge of markets to deliver sound commercial outcomes in respect of often complex client arrangements.
Richard acts for private developers of economic and social infrastructure assets, investors, funds, financiers and contractors.
Richard's experience includes advising:
- Transurban in respect of the procurement and delivery of the Western Distributor toll road in Victoria
- Transurban, Intoll and QIC in connection with NSW NorthConnex toll road
Public Private Partnerships & Privatisations
- Queensland Health in connection with the Sunshine Coast University Hospital PPP
- Lendlease Project Management and Construction with respect to their successful bid for the Sydney International Convention Exhibition and Entertainment Precinct PPP
- Honeywell Limited with respect to its bid for the Northern Territory Secure Facility PPP Project
- Bovis Lendlease and Baulderstone on their bid for the New Royal Adelaide Hospital and the Parkville Comprehensive Cancer Centre
- Korea Electric Power Corporation with respect to the development of the Bylong Coal Mine in the Hunter Valley
- Whitehaven Coal Limited on the design, construction and operation of an open-cut coal mine in Cobbora, NSW
- Santos & Petronas joint venture with respect to the engineering, design and construction of an LNG facility in Gladstone, Queensland involving FEED contracts, EPC contracts and ancillary documentation
- Santos with respect to the structuring, development and procurement of a 500MW gas fired base load power station, involving a suite of EPC contracts, O&M Contracts and other ancillary documentation
- Scape in respect of the design and construction of multiple high rise student accommodation projects across Australia
- Gunns Limited in relation to the structuring, development and procurement of a A$2.3 billion Kraft Pulp Mill at Bell Bay, Tasmania