- advising the beneficiary of a multi-billion dollar offshore trust in relation to ongoing disputes with the trustee and other beneficiaries
- advising the executor of a US$1 billion Hong Kong estate in relation to administration of that estate in a number of offshore jurisdictions, including BVI, Jersey, Mauritius, Philippines and Turks and Caicos
- advising beneficiaries and protector of a multi-billion dollar Hong Kong law trust in relation to ongoing disputes with other beneficiaries, including allegations of undue influence
- advising the son of the deceased on his claims to a multi-million pound cross border estate
- advising a trustee on a claim against its professional advisers
- advising private banks in relation to transactions concerning trusts and estates
Memberships and Accolades
Richard is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the Association of Contentious Trust and Estate Practitioners (ACTAPS) and The Charity Law Association.
He lectures widely on fraud, contentious trusts, mental capacity and probate issues and has written articles for publications including the STEP journal.
He is ranked by Chambers in the Private Wealth Disputes category and also as a "Foreign Expert Based in UK" on "China – Private Wealth Law".
"He is fantastic and has an understanding of the sensitive dynamics which arise in this area," says a commentator, who continues: "He is very bright and has a commercial approach to matters. I wouldn't hesitate to refer things to him." "He knows all the processes and protocols and how things will pan out." Norridge also leads the firm's Asia private wealth practice and is acknowledged for his "involvement in massive multi-jurisdictional cases which are complex and tricky." Chambers HNW 2018
Richard was named in the Legal Week Private Client Global Elite in 2017 and 2018.
Richard obtained an LLB from King's College London and an LLM from Humboldt University, Berlin. He was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2005 and has been granted higher rights of audience. He was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2012.
Richard is based in London, but travels frequently to Hong Kong and Dubai (having worked in both of those offices in the past).
He speaks English and German.