Richard’s far-reaching experience includes capital raisings; mergers and acquisitions; public company takeover and merger transactions; securities law; joint ventures and matters requiring shareholder agreements; company reorganisations; share and business acquisitions and disposals; and corporate head office and advisory matters.
He has been with the firm since 1987 and is a fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia).
- Colorpak Limited in its acquisition by Graphic Packaging International (USA) by scheme of arrangement
- UXC Limited in its acquisition by CSC by scheme of arrangement
- Treasury Wine Estates’ $486 million pro rata accelerated entitlement offer including retail rights trading
- the public floatations of Healthscope Limited, Lovisa Holdings and Adairs Limited
- Greencap Limited in its acquisition by Wesfarmers by scheme of arrangement
- Pepkor in its acquisition of the Harris Scarfe retail business
- Emerald Agribusiness Group in its acquisition of Australian Bulk Alliance and associated preference share capital raising and sale of 50% of Emerald Grain to Sumitomo Corporation
- Coles Group in its acquisition by Wesfarmers by scheme of arrangement
- ME Bank in its demerger from Industry Super Holdings Group
Richard joined Freehills in 1987 and became a partner in 1995. He holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne, as well as a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment from the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia). Richard is also a fellow of Finsia.