Based in London, Richard has over 20 years' experience as a real estate lawyer and is experienced in all aspects of property development, investment and financing. He heads the development practice within the London real estate group and has developed close relationships with many of the firm's key clients. He is recognised as a leading individual in the Legal 500 and Chambers directories.
Richard advises major institutions from all around the world, including new market entrants. He advises on major multi-phased development projects in the UK and internationally, as well as the larger investment deals and joint ventures.
Richard's experience includes advising:
- Almacantar on the £800 million mixed use residential, office and leisure redevelopment of Marble Arch Tower in central London
- Anschutz Entertainment Group on the redevelopment of the Millennium Dome in London into a 26,000 seat arena (now known as the 02 Arena) and 600,000 square feet of surrounding leisure space, a 453 bedroom hotel and 140 residential apartments
- British Land on the £5 billion regeneration of Canada Water, a 46 acre mixed-use development site in central London, involving a partnering agreement with Southwark Council
- Capco on its regeneration of Earl's Court in London, a 55 acre residential-led scheme on the site of the old exhibition halls, including a £150 million infrastructure loan from the HCA
- Chinese Estates on the purchase, financing and refinancing of River Court, London (Goldman Sachs HQ)