Ricardo is a Junior Associate in the finance and banking practice in the Madrid office, specialised in a wide range of financing transactions including leveraged finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance, corporate finance, project finance and restructuring and refinancing transactions. In addition, Ricardo has been involved in several M&A transactions advising on corporate matters.
Ricardo advises banks, private equity firms, alternative lenders, borrowers and sponsors in structuring and implementing all type of finance transactions.
Ricardo's experience includes advising:
- Ardian Real Estate, on the financing for the acquisition and refurbishment of an office building located in Madrid
- a leading company in the primary sale-leaseback and build-to-suit markets on the financing, by a Spanish bank, of the acquisition and subsequent lease-back of an industrial and office building located in Torrejón de Ardoz
- Cain Investments, on a European real estate financing deal involving the acquisition of a 133,000 sqm portfolio comprising six office parks in Madrid and two in Barcelona, Spain
- Roadis Transportation, on the financing, granted by MEAG to a Spanish Holdco, for the refinancing of a concessionaire of highways located in Portugal
- a world leading asset manager, on the refinancing of the existing debt of Vertex Bioenergy, a Spanish leading producer of bioethanol with facilities in Spain and France, in the context of its acquisition
- Cubico Sustainable Investments, on the refinancing granted by a syndicate of lenders led by Banco Santander of two concentrated solar power projects with a capacity of 50 MW each, located in Granada, Spain
- Trilantic Capital Partners, on the refinancing of Grupo Pachá
Ricardo has a Law and a Business Administration double degree awarded by IE University which he partially studied at the Robert H. Smith Business School – University of Maryland (United States of America). He also holds a Master of Access to Legal Practice awarded by the Universidad Carlos III of Madrid.
In addition to Spanish as his native language, Ricardo is fluent in English.