She specialises in ESG, impact investment, venture capital and philanthropy, advising entrepreneurs, investors, charities, not-for-profits, governments and multilateral organisations on a range of corporate, commercial and charity law issues.
Rebecca was seconded to the Government of Sierra Leone as legal adviser in the Office of the President in 2014, where she advised on the country’s response to the commercial impact of the Ebola crisis. She has also previously worked on secondment with the National Council for Civil Liberties.
Rebecca has been recognised in NatWest's WISE100 list of the UK's most influential women in impact investment and in Legal 500 for “excellence in propelling the work of her clients”.
Rebecca's experience includes advising:
- The Big Issue Group on the development of The Big Exchange, a financial marketplace providing access to impact investment opportunities for retail investors
- Impact Investment Partners on its commercial agreements and capital raise for the development of CreditEnable, a data analytics platform to improve access to capital for SMEs in emerging markets
- The Shell Foundation regarding strategic governance issues and programme-related and mixed motive investments, including in relation to the FMO-backed $120million Energy Entrepreneurs Growth Fund
- The United Nations Refugee Agency in relation to the launch of its global consumer goods platform MADE51 and the establishment of its UK-based charity
- The Nesta Foundation on the spin-out of a UK public service innovation programme to an Australian registered charity
- GoFundMe regarding regulatory issues relating to the establishment of a presence in the UK
- VivoPower on issues relating to B Corp registration
- Beam, the world's first crowdfunding platform to tackle homelessness, on corporate structuring and commercial agreements
- Numerous charities on incorporation, charitable registration, social investment, corporate governance and the duties of charitable trustees
- The Government of Sierra Leone in relation to energy and infrastructure PPPs
- UnLtd in relation to arrangements with its partners, funders, investees and volunteers
- The Government of Uganda on its investment legislation
- AgDevCo in relation to the restructuring of a potential investee in Ghana
- Chair of Trustees, UK for the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR)
- Advisory Committee Member, London Impact Investing Network
- Member, Charity Law Association of England and Wales
- Trustee, Freetown Foundation CIO
- SME Advisory Board, Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council
- Advisory Board Member, Barclays Circle of "Intrapreneurs"
- Co-founder, UK Sierra Leone Pro Bono Network
- Director, African Commercial Law Foundation
- Trustee, Prisoners' Advice Service
- Member, Oxfam Lawyers Against Poverty Steering Committee
- Member, European Banks Alliance Against Human Trafficking Expert Group