She specialises in venture capital, impact investment and philanthropy, advising social enterprises, impact investors, governments and not-for-profits on a range of corporate, commercial and charity law issues.
Rebecca was seconded to the Government of Sierra Leone as legal adviser in the Office of the President in 2014. She has also previously worked on secondment with the National Council for Civil Liberties.
Rebecca's experience includes advising:
- Big Issue Invest on the development of a financial marketplace to provide access to impact investment opportunities for retail investors
- Impact Investment Partners on its commercial agreements and £10 million fundraise for the development of CreditEnable, a data analytics platform to improve access to capital for SMEs in emerging markets
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in relation to the launch of its global consumer goods platform MADE51 and the establishment of a UK-based charity
- VivoPower on issues relating to B Corp registration
- Beam, the world's first crowdfunding platform to tackle homelessness, on corporate structuring and commercial agreements
- Spare Snacks in relation to its capital raising by way of equity crowdfunding
- UnLtd in relation to arrangements with project partners, funders, volunteers and UnLtd Award Winners
- AgDevCo in relation to the restructuring of a potential investee in Ghana
- The Government of Sierra Leone in relation to various energy and infrastructure PPPs
- The Government of Uganda on its investment legislation
- The Government of Rwanda in relation to its national electronic waste project
- The United Global Campaign for Mental Health on incorporation, charitable registration, corporate governance and the duties of charitable trustees
- Director of the African Commercial Law Foundation
- Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council SME Mentor
- Trustee of the Prisoners' Advice Service
- Advisory Board Member of the Barclays Circle of "Intrapreneurs"
- Co-founder of the UK Sierra Leone Pro Bono Network
- Member of the Oxfam Lawyers Against Poverty Steering Committee
- Member of the European Banks Alliance Against Human Trafficking Expert Group