Rebecca’s practice encompasses all aspects of employment law, ranging from complex transactional employment law issues arising out of corporate restructurings and outsourcing arrangements to potentially contentious issues in relation to termination of employment, redundancies and enforceability of restraint of trade provisions.
Rebecca regularly advises multinational clients on multi-jurisdictional employment law issues, ensuring that clients receive timely, sound, and comprehensive advice that is commercial, regionally consistent, and locally appropriate. Rebecca also regularly assists clients with complex investigations, particularly in the employee misconduct space.
Rebecca is recognised as a “Rising Star” for Labour and Employment in the 2021 edition of Legal 500.
Rebecca’s experience includes advising:
- a leading multinational clinical research organization on its integration to create the single largest fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions company which supports customers in more than 110 countries. This involved the restructuring and transfer of employment across Australia, India, New Zealand, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, the Philippines, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan
- a global energy company on a major outsourcing project that involves the transition of personnel in Philippines and Malaysia including advising on the key contractual documentation that deal with the transition and exit of relevant services personnel.
- a multinational food and beverage company on the employment and workplace health and safety legal due diligence aspects of a proposed acquisition of its proposed target which has operations across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong and Japan
- a global financial institution on an investigation dealing with highly sensitive, systemic misconduct allegations which involved very senior employees
- advising a US headquartered life sciences company on investigations in relation to allegations of bullying, harassment and discrimination
- various leading professional services firms on the review of employment contracts, employee handbooks, work rules and performance management guidelines across APAC including Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong, Korea and Japan
Rebecca holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business Management (Finance) and is qualified as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. She is fluent in English and Mandarin.