Rebecca regularly advises multinational clients on a broad range of employment and incentives issues across Asia Pacific, ensuring that clients receive timely, sound, and comprehensive advice that is commercial, regionally consistent, and locally appropriate.
Rebecca's expertise includes advising international and regional clients on transactional employment law and incentives related issues arising out of corporate restructurings and outsourcing arrangements as well as contentious employment law issues in relation to termination of employment, redundancies and enforceability of restraint of trade provisions. Rebecca also advises on investigations relating to workplace misconduct and the misuse of confidential information.
Rebecca has a niche interest in the employee incentives and remuneration space and has advised both listed and private companies on the establishment, design and implementation of a variety of incentive arrangements.
Rebecca is consistently recognised as a "Rising Star" in the area of Labour and Employment by Legal 500, Asia Pacific.
Rebecca’s experience includes advising:
- a leading multinational clinical research organization on its integration to create the single largest fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions company which supports customers in more than 110 countries. This involved the restructuring and transfer of employment across Australia, India, New Zealand, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, the Philippines, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan
- a tech start-up on the design and implementation of bespoke incentive arrangements
- a US headquartered multinational conglomerate on the implementation of its share incentive arrangements
- a global energy company on a major outsourcing project that involves the transition of personnel in Philippines and Malaysia including advising on the key contractual documentation that deal with the transition and exit of relevant services personnel
- a multinational food and beverage company on the employment and workplace health and safety legal due diligence aspects of a proposed acquisition of its proposed target which has operations across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong and Japan
- a global financial institution on an investigation dealing with highly sensitive, systemic misconduct allegations which involved very senior employees
Rebecca holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business Management (Finance) and is qualified as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. She is fluent in English and Mandarin.