Raymond frequently advises on matters which carry significant reputational and financial risk. He has particular experience advising on investigations, enforcement action and related civil action by regulators.
Raymond advises clients form a diverse range of backgrounds. He has experience advising international financial institutions, Chinese banks, Chinese state-owned enterprises, multi-national corporations, and Chinese corporations. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Raymond is also experienced in litigation and arbitration proceedings arising out of derivative products, private equity investments, and joint venture disputes; dawn raids and responding to requests for information by law enforcement agencies; as well as handling the recovery of proceeds of crime, including by obtaining urgent interim relief.
Raymond has been seconded to Credit Suisse's General Counsel Division as part of the Litigation and Investigations team covering APAC and MENA where he handled a range of issues including communications with various regulators, internal investigations, debt recovery actions and customer complaints.
Raymond's experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills includes advising:
- various investment banks and individuals on investigations and enforcement action by the Securities and Futures Commission arising out of their obligations by acting as IPO sponsor or sponsor principal
- managing dawn raids and responding to requests for information by regulators and law enforcement agencies
- various financial institutions and private equity investors on disputes arising out of derivatives
- numerous financial institutions on defending mis-selling claims by investors
- victims of cyberattacks on the recovery of stolen funds, including obtaining urgent freezing and disclosure orders and subsequent action to recover the proceeds of the fraud