Ra'eesa qualified into the Dispute Resolution team in March 2018 and is based in our London office, having previously completed a six month secondment to a global consumer products organisation. Ra'eesa has worked on a range of commercial litigation matters, including fraud, banking and contractual disputes.
Ra'eesa is also President of the Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association.
Ra'eesa's experience includes acting for:
- a major international bank relating to its defence of a high value claim brought by a Dutch social housing association in connection with a number of interest rate derivatives transactions entered into under an ISDA Master Agreement.
- a major international bank relating to its defence of a high profile claim brought by a sovereign wealth fund in connection with a $200m five year note and an alleged fraudulent and corrupt scheme.
- the claimants in cross-jurisdictional, multi-defendant claims for dishonest assistance, knowing receipt, unlawful means conspiracy and breach of fiduciary duty arising out of the management of an offshore investment fund.
- a provider of fund management services in relation to professional negligence claims arising from its management of the disposal of a portfolio of properties owned by a fund.
- a leading insurance company in a number of contractual claims.
- a large financial institution in a high value claim for fraudulent misrepresentation.