Rachel is an associate in the London Technology, Media & Telecommunications team, having trained at the firm. Rachel is a transactional and commercial lawyer who advises clients on commercial, regulatory and outsourcing matters across a broad range of sectors. She has experience working with clients on various projects, including complex technology procurements, mergers and acquisitions, and data protection compliance programmes.
During her training, Rachel completed a six month secondment to the IT, Contracting and Shared Services Legal team in UBS, between March and September 2016.
Rachel is interested in innovative technologies, with particular focus on blockchain technology, FinTech, and connected and autonomous vehicles technology.
Rachel's experience includes advising:
- Moneysupermarket.com Group on its acquisition of Decision Technologies Ltd, a data analytics and price comparison company
- a large public sector client on the design, procurement and contractual framework for its major technology estate re-procurement and transformation programme
- a UK public sector entity on the procurement of a telecommunications network using state-of-the-art WAN and LAN technology
- advising British American Tobacco on its preparations for GDPR compliance, including drafting updated privacy policies and data protection-related employee guides
- an entertainment company, a mental health charity, a large manufacturing company, and an international investment bank on GDPR readiness
- a confidential client on its preparations for GDPR including arrangements for data transfers between its various entities