Rachel advises on debt capital markets and banking and finance matters, including Islamic finance, project finance and acquisition finance.
She has advised banks and borrowers on corporate loans, conventional and Sukuk issuances as well as government guaranteed debt issuances.
Rachel also spent some time as in-house counsel for a regional online grocery platform and advised them on a variety of matters including compliance and regulatory matters as well as helping the company to establish template agreements and standard negotiation terms for its operations, covering amongst others, service agreements, collaboration agreements and supply agreements.
Rachel's experience includes advising:
- a group of banks in connection with the acquisition financing facilities of up to US$ 4.0 billion (or equivalent) for the acquisition of Tesco in Malaysia and Thailand
- a group of Malaysian banks in connection with the financing of a power plant comprising a RM4.0 billion Sukuk issuance, a hedging facility and a subordinated facility
- a group of Malaysian banks in connection with the establishment of a Sukuk programme of up to RM3.0 billion by S P Setia Berhad, one of the largest property developers in Malaysia
- Maybank Investment Bank Berhad in connection with the establishment of a Sukuk programme of up to RM800 million by the fourth largest cocoa bean processor worldwide
- an American multinational technology company in connection with the provision of prepaid cloud services from various regulatory perspectives