Rachata has considerable experience in advising both domestic and international clients on a wide range of commercial dispute resolution and criminal litigation. Rachata's expertise spans across a broad spectrum of areas, including international arbitration, cross-border disputes, class actions, commercial litigation, employment litigation, fraud and white-collar crime.
Rachata has been recognised as detailed and meticulous associate by The Legal 500 Asia Paciﬁc. He holds two master's degrees from Thammasat University and University College London. Rachata is a guest lecturer at national law schools.
Experience in International Arbitration
- one of the largest brewery and distribution companies in South East Asia in a potential international arbitration with regard to a breach of the joint venture agreement for the amount of approximately USD 250 million under SIAC Rules at Singapore International Arbitration Centre.
- domestic and international clients on employing institutionalised international arbitration as a dispute resolution mechanism, including representation of a publically listed company and one of the world's largest hotel companies with more than 1400 hotels in its portfolio pursuant to the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre *
- domestic and international clients in arbitration with prudence and foresight from a Thai law perspective*
- domestic clients on defences against foreign class action suits, including the representation of one of the largest petroleum producers in Thailand in relation to class action suits launched in foreign jurisdictions *
- domestic and international clients against local class action suits, including the representation of one of the largest importer and distributor of high-quality household goods in a precedent-setting case as one of the ﬁrst class action lawsuits in Thailand on issues relating to the decertiﬁcation of a class, settlements speciﬁc to class actions, the calculation of damages and recourse mechanisms for class actions in Thailand *
Experience in Commercial Disputes and others
- a subsidiary of one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of pulp and paper in South East Asia, in a commercial dispute arising from call and put option deed for the amount of approximately THB 2,800 million. The matter was under contemplation of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre while an interim injunction application was also filed at the Thai court to seek a prevention of the sale of shares.
- one of the consortiums consisting of a public company being a majority shareholder of Bangkok mass transit system company, a regional airline based in Bangkok and one of the largest engineering and construction public companies in Thailand in a dispute regarding the project of an international airport.
- domestic and international clients on legal issues speciﬁc to a wide range of industries, such as insurance, labour, automotive and aircraft, media and entertainment, and beauty and textiles. Noting in particular, the successful representation of an insurance company against a case ﬁled by a Fortune 500 automobile company valued at THB 2.1 billion.*
- domestic and international clients on matters in relation to cyber fraud and white collar crimes, noting in particular, the representation of a real estate company on a case of multi-jurisdictional cyber fraud involving the amount of USD 10.5 million *
*Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Featured as a “detailed and meticulous” associate
The Legal 500 Asia Paciﬁc, 2018
- Thai Barrister-at-Law, Thai Bar Association – 2011
- Lawyers License, Lawyers Council of Thailand – 2009
Fluent in Thai and English, Rachata was admitted to practice in 2009. He received a bachelor's degree in law (2nd class honours) from Thammasat University and two masters' degrees from Thammasat University and University College London (Merit).
Rachata is qualiﬁed as a Thai Barrister-at-law and is a current member of the Thai Bar Association.