Rachata has extensive experience in advising and acting for both domestic and international clients on a wide range of commercial disputes and criminal litigation. Rachata's expertise spans across a broad spectrum of areas, including international arbitration, cross-border disputes, class actions, commercial litigation, employment litigation, fraud and white-collar crime.
Rachata has been recognised and publicly acknowledged as "detailed and meticulous associate" (The Legal 500 Asia Pacific), "Rachata is an extremely capable lawyer", "proactive in foreseeing and pre-empting emerging issues", "very practical and has excellent communication skills in delivering detailed and complicated information" and "Rachata put us at ease in relation to proceedings in a foreign jurisdiction" (Lexology). He is also an exclusive winner of the Lexology Client Choice Awards 2021 in the area of Litigation, Thailand.
Rachata holds two master's degrees from Thammasat University and University College London. He is also a guest lecturer at national law schools.
Experience in International Arbitration
- one of the largest cement and building material companies in Southeast Asia in an international arbitration with regard to a breach of the joint venture agreement for the amount of approximately USD 400 million under ICC Rules in Singapore
- one of the largest brewery and distribution companies in Southeast Asia in a potential international arbitration with regard to a breach of the joint venture agreement for the amount of approximately USD 250 million under SIAC Rules at Singapore International Arbitration Centre.
- domestic and international clients in international arbitration under the auspices of ICC, SIAC and HKIAC, including representation of a publicly listed company and one of the world's largest hotel companies with more than 1400 hotels in its portfolio.
Experience in Class Action
- a listed Japanese holding company for finance businesses and its Singapore subsidiary in relation to a class action lawsuit brought against them in Thailand in relation to its investment in a listed Thai company and litigation arising from suspected fraudulent use of the invested monies by the ex-chairman of the Thai company
- a leading residential and commercial property development company in relation to a consumer class action lawsuit arising from one of the residential projects worth over THB 2 billion
- domestic clients on defences against foreign class action suits, including the representation of one of the largest petroleum producers in Thailand in relation to class action suits launched in foreign jurisdiction
Experience in Commercial Disputes and others
- a subsidiary of one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of pulp and paper in Southeast Asia, in a commercial dispute arising from call and put option deed for the amount of approximately THB 2.8 billion. The matter was under contemplation of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre while an interim injunction was also filed at the Thai court to seek a prevention of the sale of shares
- one of the consortiums consisting of a public company being a majority shareholder of Bangkok mass transit system company, a regional airline based in Bangkok and one of the largest engineering and construction public companies in Thailand in a dispute regarding the project of an international airport
- domestic and international clients on legal issues specific to a wide range of industries, such as insurance, labour, automotive and aircraft, media and entertainment, and beauty and textiles. Noting in particular, the successful representation of an insurance company against a case filed by a Fortune 500 automobile company valued at THB 2.1 billion
- domestic and international clients on matters in relation to cyber fraud and white collar crimes, noting in particular, the representation of a real estate company on a case of multi-jurisdictional cyber fraud involving the amount of USD 10.5 million
- Client Choice Award
Lexology Client Choice Awards, 2021
- “detailed and meticulous associate"
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2018
- Thai Barrister-at-Law, Thai Bar Association – 2011
- Lawyers License, Lawyers Council of Thailand – 2009
Fluent in Thai and English, Rachata was admitted to practice in 2009. He received a bachelor's degree in law (2nd class honours) from Thammasat University and two masters' degrees from Thammasat University and University College London (Merit).
Rachata is qualiﬁed as a Thai Barrister-at-law and is a current member of the Thai Bar Association.