Ruth is a senior associate in the London Real Estate department.
Ruth has been based in the London Real Estate team since qualification in September 2010 and trained with the firm. Ruth advises on a variety of property matters, including complex sales and investments, development sites (including infrastructure work) and landlord and tenant management matters. Ruth has also worked on significant ground rent refinancings.
Ruth is part of the Herbert Smith Freehills Real Estate business and management programme for senior lawyers and has also contributed to PLC articles. Ruth is an active member of the Herbert Smith Freehills Exchange Network, which is a network for senior women in real estate, and has hosted events with RE women.
Ruth studied law at Durham University, attaining a First-class Honours Degree. She completed her Legal Practice Course at BPP University Law School (with Distinction) in Holborn before commencing her training contract at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP in 2008.
During Ruth's training contract with the firm, she worked at the Royal Courts of Justice as a judicial assistant to Lord Justice Sedley.
Experience & expertise
- Argent Related – the lead senior associate on its development of five sites at Tottenham Hale
- British Land – on development work at Broadgate, including vacant possession strategy and management matters
- Brockton Capital – on the acquisition of Thames Tower, the Porter Building and development proposals at Notting Hill Gate
- Canary Wharf Group – on significant lettings at One Canada Square
- Transmission Capital Partners – on its bids and acquisitions of wind farms, including the 402MW Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm for £290 million.