Rohy is a project finance associate based in our Dubai office.
Rohy advises governments, sponsors, and lenders on the development, financing, acquisition, and sale of energy, water and infrastructure assets.
Rohy holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from the City, University of London. He is qualified to practice law in the State of New York and is fluent in Arabic and English.
Experience & expertise
- The Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia on the increase of its equity stake in ACWA Power*
- The Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia on its acquisition of a 20% stake in Red Sea Gateway Terminal, the operator of the newest container terminal at Jeddah Islamic Port*
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the financing of a first of its kind private to private independent power project developed under wheeling regulations*
- Arab Bank on the financing of a first of its kind private to private independent power project developed under net-metering regulations*
- The International Finance Corporation on the financing of a 200 MW solar power station in Jordan*
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills