Bob is a Partner in our corporate team specialising in executing mergers and acquisitions and other significant transactions and advising boards of directors.
Bob helps clients implement M&A and other transactions across the globe and advises large corporations on strategic decisions and corporate governance matters.
His experience includes public company takeovers, corporate governance advice, equity raises, private company acquisitions and disposals and joint ventures, distressed M&A, demergers and innovative returns of value to shareholders.
A member of our Nordics, Japan, Healthcare and Aviation teams Bob is listed as a key lawyer for corporate governance and a leading individual in aviation by Legal 500.
Experience & expertise
- Stagecoach Group on its proposed all share combination with National Express and subsequent takeover by DWS Infrastructure
- Lonmin on its takeover by Sibanye Stillwater
- Virgin Atlantic on its participation in the Connect Airways takeover of flybe
- interactive investor on its takeover of Share
- Severn Trent on the contested takeover of Dee Valley and on its successful defence of a possible takeover offer from a Borealis led consortium
- Asterion Infrastructure Partners on its takeover of AMP Clean Energy
- West Ham United on its takeover by an Icelandic consortium
- Severn Trent on over £1 billion of equity raises
- Jet2 on over £1 billion of equity and debt raises
- easyjet on its £1.2 billion rights issue
- National Grid on its £7.8 billion acquisition of Western Power Distribution
- Severn Trent Green Power on its acquisitions of Agrivert and Andigestion
- Kin+Carta on becoming the first certified B Corps on the London Stock Exchange
- Genus on various acquisitions and investments
- Biotage on its acquisitions of ATDBio and Astrea Bioseparations
- Bridgestone Corporation on its acquisition and licensing of iTrack
- Severn Trent on its joint venture with United Utilities and disposals of its water purification and water services businesses