Richard is a corporate lawyer, specialising in investment funds, asset management and M&A.
Richard advises on a variety of corporate transactional matters, including: IPOs of closed-ended listed funds; establishment of private fund structures in a range of jurisdictions; joint ventures and Richard also provides general corporate governance and financial regulatory advice for both funds and asset managers.
Richard has also advised on public and private M&A transactions and restructurings of large and mid-cap asset managers and funds operating across several jurisdictions, sectors and markets.
From March to September 2018, Richard was on secondment in the Financial Risk Management (FRM) team at Man Group Plc.
Associate in the team of the “Winner of The Lawyer's Funds Team of the Year 2021 Award” for the work on Hipgnosis Songs Limited.
Short-listed as lead associate for The Lawyer's Deal of the Year 2020 Award for work on the IPO of JPMorgan Global Core Real Assets Limited.
Richard studied Geography at the University of Oxford and graduated in 2013 as the Burton Scholar with First Class Honours. Richard also read for the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) at the BPP University in London receiving a Distinction.
Experience & expertise
- Aberdeen New Thai Investment Trust Plc on its merger with Aberdeen Emerging Markets Investment Company Limited under a Section 110 Scheme of Reconstruction to form a single listed fund of £450m AUM
- Moorfield Investment Management Limited on its establishment of Moorfield Real Estate Fund V, a parallel fund structure of UK-domiciled private funds and Lux-domiciled SCS
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP) on its joint venture with Long Harbour and Cadillac Fairview to form a £1.5 billion UK build-to-rent platform
- ORIX Corporation on its acquisition of a 70 per cent. stake in Gravis Capital Management Limited
- JPMorgan Global Core Real Assets Limited on its IPO on the premium segment of the LSE and its £150 million initial issue and additional secondary convertible (C) share raises
- Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited on its IPO on the specialist fund segment of the LSE (and subsequent migration to the premium segment) and its £120 million initial issue and additional secondary convertible (C) share raises