Rhys is a corporate lawyer advising on private M&A and private funds matters.
Rhys advises on negotiated acquisitions and exits, private equity transactions, capital raisings, corporate restructures, joint ventures, and general corporate advisory matters. Rhys also specialises in private fund formation and institutional investment, with a particular focus on private equity, venture capital and infrastructure funds.
Rhys’ experience spans multiple industries, including healthcare, consumer, agribusiness, infrastructure and financial services, as well as adjacent corporate practices such as public M&A, equity capital markets and corporate governance. With a strong technical background that includes time spent in academia, Rhys is known for his legal acumen and commercially focused judgment.
Rhys holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of International Relations from Bond University, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance) from the University of Melbourne.
Rhys is admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Independent Living Specialists (a portfolio company of The Riverside Company) in its bolt-on acquisition of Leef Interactive Health
- Manuli Rubber Industries in its acquisition of the remaining stake in RYCO Hydraulics
- Mercury Capital in the establishment and operation of its $1 billion Mercury Capital Fund twenty2
- Potentia Capital in the establishment of its $635 million Potentia Capital Fund II and the refinancing of its $382 million Potential Capital Fund I
- Future Now Capital in connection with operational matters for Future Now Ventures Growth Fund