Reshma specialises in energy and infrastructure project disputes. She also advises on ESG-related regulation and risk management in energy transitions.
Reshma advises clients on their disputes and dispute avoidance strategies in the energy sector, which includes ESG-related regulation and risk management. Clients include States, State-owned entities and multi-national corporations.
Reshma is admitted to practice law in Singapore and also holds a Masters in International Energy from Sciences Po, Paris.
Experience & expertise
- a project company on disputes arising from the construction of a refinery and petrochemical complex in Southeast Asia in a SIAC arbitration, multiple emergency arbitration proceedings and foreign court proceedings; the claims are valued at over US$2 billion
- an oil major in an ad-hoc arbitration under ICJ rules and a petroleum concession agreement, resulting from amendments to ministerial regulations by the concessionaire State; the claims are valued at over US$2 billion
- an oil major on its ESG-compliance, environmental obligations and engagement options with the relevant State in the process of decommissioning assets in Southeast Asia at the end of a concession agreement; potential liability for environmental damage was valued at over US$300 million
- Independent power producers in multiple Singapore-seated ICC arbitrations against a State and/or the State's water and power agency under PPAs
- a Chinese state-owned entity in a SIAC arbitration on claims arising from the non-completion of a sale of an electricity grid under Turkish law; the claims were valued at over US$200 million
- a mining and cement conglomerate in an ICC arbitration over its exit from a joint venture and foreign investment in Myanmar; the claims are valued at over US$400 million
- a government agency in its capacity as project owner under a concession agreement for a waste to energy plant in Southeast Asia in connection with insolvency proceedings commenced by the majority shareholder of the project company and its EPC Contractor
- a statutory board on its rights under various contracts for the construction and operation of a power plant against a multi-national corporation undergoing corporate reorganisation