Rebeca is a junior associate in the public law and regulatory practice in the Madrid office.
She advises lenders, developers, large companies, investment banks, private equity firms and government entities on public law, regulatory, environmental and governance advice with a focus on the energy and infrastructure. She also advises on data protection regulations, data privacy and digital matters.
She has a degree in Law by Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain). She also has a dual master's degree for Admission to the Bar and in Corporate Legal Advice by IE Business School (Spain). And, she also has a master's degree in New Technologies and Data Protection by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain). She speaks Spanish and English. She is a member of the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association).
Experience & expertise
- Abac Capital on several queries related to the compliance advice regarding the implementation of the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) at entity and product level
- an international wholesale distributor on recurrent regulatory and environmental matters in relation to its activities in Spain. In particular, the company operates a large retail centre in Madrid, which has been recently under an inspection proceeding by the Regional Government of Madrid win relation to the water discharge of its premises (retail area and gas station) and the municipal wastewater discharge authorisation which, although not requested by the City Council at commencement of operation, was currently necessary to be obtained due to the exceeding of the applicable discharge threshold
- an energy company focused on the biomethane sector in Europe on the permitting process for biogas projects in Spain
- a multinational investment fund on digital law issues (cybersecurity, IP and data protection) in relation to the acquisition of a Spanish digital company
- H.I.G. Capital on the public law aspects related to the acquisition of Estacionamientos y Servicios, a company dedicated to the management of parking lots and a leading provider of smart mobility solutions, from Portobello Capital. This transaction is the largest operation in the Spanish smart mobility market. Our analysis comprised public sector agreements entered by the group companies, their permitting status and rebalancing proceedings under Covid-19 regulations, among others