Raul is a solicitor in our corporate practice and advises on a range of significant corporate transactions.
Raul assists clients across a variety of industries in structuring, negotiating and implementing significant public and private corporate transactions. He has advised both Australian and international clients in relation to mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures, fundraising, and general corporate advisory and securities law matters.
Raul holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws (Hons First Class) from the University of New South Wales and was awarded the University Medal in 2019. He is admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Sydney Aviation Alliance, a consortium of investors comprising entities associated with AustralianSuper, IFM Australian Infrastructure Fund, QSuper, IFM Global Infrastructure Fund and Global Infrastructure Partners on its $32 billion acquisition of Sydney Airport
- Brookfield on its acquisition of La Trobe Financial for $1.5 billion
- IFM on its exit from its investment in practice management software provider Genie Solutions by proposed IPO and ultimate sale to PEP owned The Citadel Group
- Bain Capital on its restructure and $3.5 billion acquisition of Virgin Australia Group by way of deed of company arrangement
- TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia on its proposed acquisition of Westpac’s life insurance business for $900 million and entry into a 20 year strategic alliance with Westpac
- Reckon Limited on the $100 million sale of its Accountants Practice Management Group
- Beyond International Limited on its proposed $47.5 million sale to Banijay Entertainment by way of scheme of arrangement
- The Growth Fund on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Royan Group and related portfolio company matters
- Speedcast on its cross-border restructuring and recapitalisation under Chapter 11 process