Rachelle is a commercial litigator with a focus on insurance, professional negligence and regulatory matters.
Rachelle has a breadth of experience across the insurance industry. Rachelle acts for policyholders and insurers in relation to coverage claims. Rachelle defends insurance brokers and other professionals in relation to professional negligence claims. Rachelle assists clients to conduct and respond to investigations by UK, EU and global regulators into the operation of the insurance market.
Rachelle has acted in relation to a range of policies including public liability, product liability, property damage, business interruption, D&O and cyber insurance. Rachelle also advises brokers, policyholders and insurers on the drafting and placement of such policies.
Rachelle holds of BA (Hons) degree in History from the University of Cambridge. She holds a Graduate Diploma in Law from BPP University. Rachelle was admitted to practise law in England and Wales in 2014.
Experience & expertise
- a policyholder on a property damage and business interruption insurance claim at the UK's largest power station
- a global insurance broker in relation to their response to the FCA's recent Wholesale Insurance Brokers market study and the European Commission and Korea Fair Trade Commission investigations into the aviation insurance market
- a global reinsurer in relation to the fraudulent impersonation of its stamp on policy documents
- Marsh & McLennan on a number of their most significant claims
- Diageo in relation to product liability issues arising from the distribution of Thalidomide in the late 1950's/early 1960's