Rachel assists government and public sector clients on real estate acquisitions, disposals, development and leasing.
Rachel undertakes complex real estate transactions including the development of commercial, retail, residential and industrial sites for private sector and government clients. She has experience acting on large-scale property transactions, leasing and major NSW government projects.
Rachel also has experience advising clients on a broad range of real estate matters including titling, transaction structure and precinct governance. Recently, Rachel has acted for NSW government on projects across Sydney for the delivery and management of affordable housing.
Rachel is skilled at balancing legal, commercial and strategic considerations and is focused on delivering commercial outcomes for clients.
Rachel holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Communication (Public Communication) from the University of Technology Sydney. Rachel is admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- The developer on the due diligence and acquisition of multiple residential sites in Western Sydney for redevelopment. Advising on development and titling strategy.
- NSW government agency on drafting and negotiating complex transaction documents in relation to the sale of concurrent leases at multiple sites across Sydney Harbour foreshore.
- NSW government agency on a project delivery agreement to redevelop a social housing estate near Central Station.
- Department of Planning and Environment in relation to its precedent tender documents for government property disposals.
- Transport for NSW (then RMS) on a series or residential acquisitions in connection with major road projects.
- The investment fund on the acquisition and leasing of a commercial tower in Parramatta CBD with a value of approximately $90 million.