Rachel is a senior associate in our real estate team, who is based in our Melbourne office.
Rachel is a specialist environment and planning lawyer who works closely with developers, investors, and government authorities, advising on environment, planning, ESG, land access and assembly, cultural and European heritage, environmental health, and administrative law matters.
Rachel holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (German major) from Monash University. She is admitted to practice as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Advising renewable energy and other major project developers, financiers, and operators on environmental, planning, cultural heritage, and stakeholder engagement issues over the life of their projects, including developing approvals strategies, environmental impact assessments, operational compliance and management, and decommissioning
- Advising various corporate clients on sustainability, climate change, nature and biodiversity, and ESG issues
- Advising on environmental compliance, including environmental duties, managing contaminated land, responding to pollution incidents, and responding to enforcement action from regulators
- Providing strategic advice to the State government on environmental and planning approvals and compliance, and land assembly for major transport and public infrastructure projects
- Advising commercial developers in relation to planning, environmental, and heritage approvals for major residential and retail developments in the CBD and urban growth and renewal areas and various planning issues