Rachael is a professional support consultant in the Finance division.
Rachael is a professional support consultant in the Finance division. She provides technical advice, drafts model form documentation, analyses legal developments, drafts client briefings and delivers training on banking law.
Previously, Rachael was a senior finance associate. She has extensive experience advising clients on diverse finance transactions, particularly in real estate finance and general banking.
Rachael helps many of the firm’s offices with banking law queries and developments.
She assists the Legal Opinions Committee and plays a key role in ensuring the firm’s legal opinions are current and meet client requirements.
Between 2008 and April 2023, Rachael was secretary to the City of London Law Society Financial Law Committee during the period whilst Dorothy Livingtson (Consultant, HSF) was chair. The Committee considers wide-ranging legal issues relevant to the banking market.
Rachael’s experience includes:
- helping develop industry guidance on electronically executing documents;
- helping draft industry guidance on issuing legal opinions in relation to banking transactions;
- drafting procedural guides and finance model form documentation;
- writing and delivering training on banking law; and
- participating in various firm-wide projects, for example, projects involving the internal knowledge database.