Rémi is Of Counsel in the Paris Dispute Resolution team.
Rémi Jouaneton joined the firm in 2021 after having spent 8 years in the Paris office of a large American law firm. He handles all areas of business litigation, both in criminal law and in civil and commercial matters. As part of his role within the Corporate Crime and Investigations practice, Rémi assists French and international clients in connection with investigations or proceedings initiated by the French authorities. He also assists clients seeking to comply with the requirements of the Sapin II law and assists them in the context of inspections by the French Anti-Corruption Agency and in anticipation of such inspections.
His experience covers issues related to international sanctions and embargoes, liability of banking and financial institutions, market abuse, and money laundering. Rémi also advises companies and their directors in connection with corporate finance transactions, shareholder disputes and criminal and civil liability.
Member of the Paris Bar since 2012, Rémi holds an LL.M. from the University of King's College London (UK, 2011) and an LL.M. from the University of Fribourg (Switzerland, 2008). He also holds a Master 2 in general private law (2009) and French-Swiss comparative law (2008) from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas. He has taught corporate law at the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas and has provided training for professionals in stock exchange law and banker's liability.
Experience & expertise
- defending an international credit institution in criminal proceedings following an internal fraud incident
- defending an international credit institution in liability proceedings related to international sanctions
- assisting several industrial groups in connection with the sanctions regimes and restrictive measures against Russia and Iran
- assisting one of the world's leading telecommunications operators in the context of an inspection initiated by the French Anticorruption Agency
- assisting one of the world's leading automotive manufacturers in the implementation of anti-corruption tools on a global level, including training and follow-up audit.
- assisting a US activist short seller in an AMF proceeding concerning possible price manipulation
- defending a financial institution in liability proceedings relating to its professional duties in the context of an international estate settlement involving the US