Rüdiger specialises in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law.
He has ten years' experience of advising corporates, financial investors and financial institutions on international mergers and acquisitions, including private acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and restructurings. In addition, Rüdiger also advises corporates on general corporate matters. He has particular experience in the industrials and manufacturing as well as e-commerce and technology sectors.
Rüdiger's experience includes advising:
- General Mills on the sale of its European dough business to Cérélia
- ANEX Tour on the acquisition of Neckermann Reisen, core brand of tour operator Thomas Cook Germany, from the insolvent Thomas Cook Group
- ANEX Group on the acquisition of Bucher Reisen and ÖGER Tours from the insolvent Thomas Cook Group
- Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited on the sale of its German cinema exhibition division, CineStar, to UK-based Vue International Bidco Plc.
- Altra Industrial Motion Corp., a global manufacturer and marketer of electromechanical power transmission and motion control products listed on NASDAQ, in connection with its combination with four operating companies from Fortive’s Automation and Specialty platform (Fortive A&S)
- AchieveSky Co Ltd, a leading provider of mobile intelligent terminal operating system platforms and platform technologies, on its acquisition of MM Solutions AD, a global leader in mobile software for image, video and audio processing
- Euler Hermes, the global leader in trade credit insurance solutions, on a collaboration with Moody's Corporation to provide credit ratings for small and medium-sized enterprises and mid-cap companies across Europe, whereby Moody's acquired a 4.99 percent stake in Euler Hermes
- Altra Industrial Motion Corp., a global manufacturer and marketer of electromechanical power transmission and motion control products listed on NASDAQ, on its acquisition of the Stromag business from GKN plc
- CBRE on the acquisition of the Johnson Controls global property consultancy business and a subsequent reorganization of the acquired German group companies
- Klarna Group, the leading European payment provider, on the acquisition of BillPay, one of the leading German online payment providers, from Wonga
Rüdiger joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2013, having previously worked for another market leading international law firm. Rüdiger is fluent in German and English.