She deals with the processing of financial crimes and disputes relating to corporate crime, commercial arbitration and investment treaty arbitration. To date, the main focus of her activity has been dealing with extensive cases of corruption and money laundering. Quenie has been involved in advising clients on anti-money laundering (AML) and all forms of corruption (anti-bribery and corruption (ABC)) as well as fraud and embezzlement. Quenie was also involved in the consultation of companies in various compliance matters.
Quenie's experience includes:
- checking the anti-money laundering processes and the KYC documentation of a major German bank in the course of an official request for information regarding compliance with banking regulations and the minimum requirements of the Money Laundering Act (GWG) and the German Banking Act (KWG)
- on-going compliance advice for the German subsidiary of an international software group, in particular to avoid the risk of corruption (anti-bribery & corruption - ABC)
- advising an international automotive manufacturer in cases of systematic embezzlement, fraud and bribery by employees and contract partners, in particular judicial and extra-judicial enforcement of claims for damages and repayment
- advising on the permissibility of hospitality under German law
- involvement in an investment treaty arbitration case involving multiple jurisdictions globally advising the state
- advising on liability in damages for corruption and bribery under German law in a suit against a client brought forward at the High Court of Justice in the UK
After the first state examination, she gained experience in dispute resolution in various international law firms, in particular in the field of alternative dispute resolution and arbitration. She completed part of her legal training at a major law firm in London, UK.