Quenie advises corporates, financial investors and financial institutions on international mergers and acquisitions, including private acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and restructurings. In addition, Quenie also advises corporates on general corporate matters. She has particular experience in advising banks and other financial institutions in particular regarding financial regulatory matters.
Quenie previously worked in our Corporate Crime and Investigations Team where she gained broad experience advising in all areas of law connected with bribery and corruption, fraud and money laundering.
Quenie's experience includes:
- reviewed the AML processes and KYC documentation of an international German bank as part of an official request for information on compliance with internal provisions and the minimum requirements of the German Money Laundering Act (GWG) and the German Banking Act (KWG)
- advised a German international bank on consequences of the new German AML Act transposing the 4th EU Money Laundering Directive (4MLD) and its implementation into internal policies
- advised an international US bank with regards to KYC requirements according to the German AML Act (GWG), in particular with respect to German identification requirements for an online platform enabling corporate customers effectively to carry out online transactions in respect of a number of jurisdictions
- advised an international US bank with regards to requirements according to the German AML Act (GWG), in particular with respect to the requirements of the German transparency registry
- advised a major German international bank in proceedings to recover assets defrauded by former employees
- advising a French innovation and engineering consulting firm specialized in high technology and innovation consultancy as claimant and buyer in EUR15 million DIS arbitration following an M&A transaction with a German conglomerate focussing on automotive technology as defendant and seller over a dispute arising out of breaches of covenants and guarantees in connection with projects undertaken by target companies
- representing US based IT healthcare company in ICC post-M&A arbitration against multinational
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2017, she gained experience in dispute resolution in various international law firms, in particular in the field of arbitration. She completed part of her preparatory legal training work at a major law firm in London, UK.
In 2018/2019, Quenie was seconded to the legal department of Deutsche Bank AG and gained experience in their litigation and regulatory enforcement team.
Quenie is fluent in German, English and Tagalog.