Pilar has extensive experience in advising Spanish and international leading financial institutions and investors on a broad range of finance transactions including real estate and loan portfolio acquisitions and distressed assets trades. Likewise, Pilar has a large experience in capital market transactions, both equity and debt, including IPOs, rights issues, standalone debt issues and debt programme establishments, updates and drawdowns thereunder.
- Aventicum Capital Management and Cygnus Capital on the indirect acquisition from SAREB of a portfolio comprising approximately 1,200 real estate properties through a Spanish banking assets fund (fondo de activos bancarios, FAB), a securitisation vehicle specifically created to aid the divestment mandate of SAREB (Project Esla)
- Deutsche Bank AG as lender on the Spanish law aspects of the financing to Cerberus to acquire a REOs portfolio from Sabadell (Project Challenger/Coliseum)
- A financial entity on the English and Spanish law aspects of the financing granted to the SOCIMI Tempore Properties Socimi for the acquisition of a real estate portfolio (Project Yoda)
- Pepper Assets Services on the public securitization transaction by virtue of which certain credit rights deriving from consumer loans have been repurchased and on-sell such receivables by virtue of the issuance of notes for a total amount of €223,400,000 to an Irish vehicle and notified as STS under the Securitisation Regulation (Project Aji)
- LCM Partners on the acquisition of a €130 million portfolio of secured and unsecured loans and REOs portfolio from Cajamar (Project Galleon)
Pilar joined Herbert Smith Freehills' finance practice in January 2018 as a senior associate. Before joining, Pilar worked for eight years in different leading law firms in Spain.