Pilar joined Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2016 as a junior associate in its competition department.
Before joining the firm as a junior associate, she completed nine months as a trainee lawyer in Herbert Smith Freehills and three months as a work experience student in the Spanish Prime Minister's office.
Her experience include, among others:
- a construction products company
- on the implementation of an antitrust and anti-bribery compliance programme
- on the design and implementation of its Competition and Anti-Bribery Compliance Programme in Spain and the auditing of its staff
- a large retailer on the drafting and implementation of a new standard supplier agreement to use with all its suppliers in Spain
- a leading company in the consumer products sector on the review of the strategy for the online sales in Europe from the perspective of competition rules, specifically on the compatibility of the distribution agreements entered into with exclusive distributors and large e-commerce platforms in Europe
- a purchasing platform on the competition law and corporate issues arising in the context of its relationship with its controlling companies in the food wholesale sector in Spain
- a retail company on the investigation by the Spanish Agency for Food information and control
- PANASEF on the jointly drafted report on the current situation of the funeral services sector in Spain, focusing on the legal aspects and the position of competition authorities in Spain
Pilar studied Law and Journalism at the San Pablo CEU University of Madrid.
She also has a Master's Degree to Practice Law and a Qualification as Expert in Business Law from the San Pablo CEU University in Madrid.
Languages: Spanish and English.