Phoebe is based in London and advises financial institutions and other corporate clients in relation to commercial litigation. She has experience in a range of disputes involving the banking and financial services sectors, including those arising out of investment advice, structured finance transactions, consumer credit and commercial banking. Phoebe has also assisted clients with investigations and prosecutions relating to regulatory breaches, bribery and fraud.
Phoebe has spent time on secondment in the EMEA Litigation team of a global investment bank, where she assisted with a variety of commercial disputes and internal and external regulatory investigations.
Phoebe's experience includes advising:
- Societe Generale in regard to a US$1.5 billion claim by the Libyan Investment Authority in relation to a series of derivatives transactions, featuring allegations of bribery and making intimidating threats
- a leading UK-based bank in relation to a claim in the Business and Property Courts involving allegations of fraud
- a global investment bank regarding a criminal investigation and prosecution of a former employee for insider trading
- a global investment bank in respect of a claim arising out of alleged negligent advice and/or misstatement, as well as allegations of a failure to properly exercise its powers as mortgagee in possession
- a leading consumer credit firm in relation to an investigation for alleged regulatory breaches