Phillip has particular expertise advising on cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures, major corporate contracts and mining, energy and natural resources projects. He has worked in private practice both in Australia and Latin America, and is fluent in Spanish.
Phillip focuses on resources, battery metals and renewables. Phillip has also recently advised multinational clients in relation to acquisitions, sales, joint ventures and major commercial contracts in the agribusiness, construction, property development, insurance and financial services sectors.
He is experienced in tendering processes for major services contracts as well as drafting and negotiating general commercial contracts.
Phillip regularly advises foreign companies on regulatory requirements and restrictions for investing in Australia and Latin America. He has been recognised by Chambers Global as a foreign expert in corporate M&A in Argentina.
Phillip’s recent experience includes advising:
- Sumitomo in relation to its farmin to gold project interests held by Novo Resources in Western Australia
- a developer in relation to a confidential, significant scale wind farm
- SK Innovation in relation to a long term nickel and cobalt offtake agreement with Australian Mines
- Lotte on its acquisition of a feedlot business near Dalby in Queensland
- Toyota Tsusho on its acquisition of a 15% interest in the ASX-listed, Argentina-based lithium producer Orocobre
Phillip holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours and a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in International Relations and Journalism) from the University of Queensland.
Phillip is admitted to practise in Queensland and has practised at leading commercial law firms in Australia and Argentina.