Philip has advised leading investment banks, private equity funds, mining companies, utilities, health industry companies, telecommunications and media companies, state-owned enterprises and other Australian and international companies.
Recent experience includes:
- acting for Spark Infrastructure on its $400m investment in DUET Group using a forward exchange and collar structure, and associated $200m capital raising by Spark
- acting for Opal Aged Care on its establishment of an aged care/retirement living joint venture with Stockland
- acting for Propertylink on its establishment of the Propertylink Australian Industrial Partnership together with Goldman Sachs and Grosvenor, and PAIP’s subsequent acquisition of more than $500m of industrial real estate assets
- acting for Perpetual in relation to its successful acquisition of The Trust Company for $280m by way of a scheme of arrangement, in a contested bid process involving 2 competing bidders
- advising Lend Lease in relation to its successful defence of its APPF Industrial fund from a hostile bid by GPT
Philip holds a Masters degree in law and a Bachelor of Science with first class honours from the University of Sydney. He is admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales.
He is a member of the Legal Roundtable for the International Institute for the Study of Cross-Border Investment and M&A sponsored by NYU Stern, Guanghua School of Management and the University of Cambridge.
He authored the Lexis Nexis Butterworths guide to Foreign Investment Regulation in Australia from 2010 to 2012.