Philip has transaction experience advising on matters involving companies and managed investment schemes for issuers and for all of Australia’s major investment banks.
Having practiced in London and Sydney, Philip has significant international mergers and acquisitions and capital markets experience. Prior to joining the firm, Philip worked at the ASX in the Listings and Settlement Departments.
Philip has acted on initial public offerings, secondary capital raisings (including entitlement offers using accelerated structures), hybrid security offers as well as schemes of arrangement and negotiated acquisitions and disposals.
His experience also includes:
- SG Fleet Group Limited on its A$450 million IPO and listing on ASX
- Recall Group Limited on its demerger from Brambles Limited and listing on ASX
- ASX Limited on its A$550 million accelerated renounceable entitlement offer
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its A$2 billion offer of PERLS VI (and concurrent PERLS IV buy-back and Reinvestment offer)
- Aston Resources Limited on its A$5.1 billion merger by way of scheme of arrangement with Whitehaven Coal
Philip holds Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce degrees from Macquarie University.
Philip joined Freehills (now Herbert Smith Freehills) in October 2000, having previously spent time working in the Listings and Settlement Departments at the ASX. Philip relocated to London from 2005 to 2010, during which time he worked in the corporate group at Herbert Smith. Philip returned to the firm in October 2010.