Phathutshedzo specialises in private M&A, company law and general corporate work (including corporate governance). His experience includes advising on commercial deals ranging from BEE restructures, sale of businesses and general commercial restructures. He works with local and international clients on various domestic M&A transactions in various sectors including mining, telecommunications and renewables.
Phathutshedzo’s most recent experience includes being part of the team that advised:
- Mulilo Renewable Energy Proprietary Limited on the acquisition of the entire shareholding of X-Elio Energy, S.L. in two solar projects, being Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV De Aar (RF) Proprietary Limited and Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV Prieska (RF) Proprietary Limited
- Mulilo Renewable Energy Proprietary Limited in relation to an equity investment by Stanlib
- Publicis Groupe Holdings B.V in relation to a debt to equity conversion through a subscription for preference shares in MMS Communications South Africa Proprietary Limited
- Bunengi Group Holdings Proprietary Limited in relation to its acquisition of shares in Cisco Systems Inc, a company listed on the Nasdaq, as part of a BEE transaction for Cisco Technology and Services (South Africa) Proprietary Limited
- Huge Group Limited in relation to a BEE transaction relating to Huge Connect, involving the subscription for preference shares by Huge Group and the subscription for ordinary shares by Windfall 111 Properties Proprietary Limited
Phathutshedzo holds a Bachelor of Arts (Law and Industrial Psychology) degree as well as a LLB degree from the University of the Witwatersrand. He has completed his articles of clerkship and is awaiting admittance as an attorney in South Africa.