Peter has extensive experience in litigation, arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution.
He advises Asian and international companies on complex disputes in a numbers of areas, including construction, energy, IP, IT, employment, joint ventures, fraud, telecommunications, international trade, banking and insolvency.
He has represented clients in arbitral centres in Bangkok, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York, Oslo, Paris, Singapore, Stockholm and Tokyo, and in disputes under English and other common and civil law systems.
Peter has acted in arbitrations under ICC, LCIA, HKIAC, SIAC, AIAC, Thai Arbitration Institute, JCAA rules and before both pure and ad hoc and UNCITRAL tribunals. He also sits as an arbitrator and has recent experience under both ICC and AIAC rules.
Prior to his relocation to Kuala Lumpur, Peter was based in Japan for nearly 15 years.
Ranked by Asia Pacific Legal 500 and Chambers Asia Pacific as a "leading individual" in dispute resolution since 2002 and 2008, respectively, Peter is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales, and Hong Kong.
His recent experience includes representing:
- various Malaysian and international oil and gas companies and oil and gas service providers in an international arbitration seated in Singapore under the SIAC Arbitration Rules 2016
- a major Malaysian auto manufacturer on disputes arising out of a joint venture contract in China and a potential HKIAC arbitration
- a Middle Eastern company in JCAA arbitration proceedings for the non-renewal of a long term distribution agreement by a Japanese company
- a Japanese trading company in ad-hoc arbitration in London and in parallel TOMAC arbitration on a dispute arising from a series of shipbuilding contracts
- a Japanese company in ICC arbitration for a US$150 million contract for the construction of a transcontinental telecommunications cable system and on its successful settlement
- an auto manufacturer on a debt claim and other contractual issues arising from distribution arrangements in Europe and the US
Peter is a member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a Fellow of the Asian Institute for ADR. He is a panel member of JCAA, SIAC, AIAC and HKIAC.