Peter’s private equity practice has extensive experience in debt financing, private equity fund raisings, management and leveraged buy outs, and trade sale and IPO exits. His understanding of private equity, in conjunction with public markets expertise and M&A credentials provides significant competitive advantage to clients.
He has worked with a number of private equity houses on the disposal of portfolio investments and has been involved in leveraged acquisition market, advising both private equity houses and leveraged financiers on the financing aspects of many landmark transactions.
Peter assisted the Federal Government on its reforms to the federal tax system to facilitate start up capital raisings and employee share schemes.
Recently, Peter was recognised as a ‘Leading Lawyer’ in Australasian Legal Business Magazine’s Private Equity practice area guide and ranked as one of Australia’s 20 ‘Leading Experts’ in private equity law on ExpertGuides.com.
Peter’s experience includes advising:
- Warburg Pincus on its cornerstone investment in Transpacific Industries and Transpacific’s associated A$800 million accelerated entitlement offer, partially underwritten by Warburg Pincus, resulting in Warburg Pincus holding 30.7% of Transpacific
- Commonwealth Bank in relation to the A$2.1 billion acquisition of BankWest
- Perpetual on its acquisitions of the Argosy wealth management business, the Wignalls lending business, the National Lending Solutions business and the SmartSuper business
- Challenger on its acquisition of MetLife Insurance’s A$2 billion annuity, pension and superannuation liabilities and acquisition of AXA’s A$1 billion annuity liabilities by schemes of arrangement
- IMO in relation to its Australian alliance and network roll-out
Peter has a Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Monash University, and a Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance from the Securities Institute of Australia. He is admitted to practise in New South Wales and Victoria, as well as England and Wales.