He has extensive experience acting on mergers and acquisitions, privatisations and joint ventures in those industries and regularly assists industry participants with key commercial contracts, operational and regulatory matters and market reform.
Peter has acted for governments, regulators and a range of energy, resource and infrastructure industry participants including the NSW and Commonwealth Governments, AGL Energy, Origin Energy, Vale, ITOCHU, financiers and infrastructure funds.
He has been listed in Best Lawyers in the practice area of Energy Law since 2014.
Peter's recent experience includes:
- Hastings, Spark Infrastructure, CDPQ, ADIA and Wren House on their A$10.258 billion acquisition of the TransGrid high voltage electricity transmission network from the New South Wales Government
- RES Australia in relation to the structuring and sell-down of the $450 million 240MW Ararat Wind Farm project to GE, Partners Group and OP Trust, related debt financing and ACT feed-in tariff arrangements
- Origin Energy on the sale of its Mortlake Terminal Station to AusNet for $110 million and sale processes for the Cullerin Range Wind Farm and Stockyard Hill Wind Farm project
- Barrick Gold Corporation on the sale of the Cowal mine in New South Wales, to Evolution Mining for US$550 million
- Pangaea Resources on its farm-out of NT shale gas acreage to The Energy & Minerals Group
- NSW Treasury on its reform and privatisation of the NSW energy sector, including the sale of the EnergyAustralia, Integral Energy and Country Energy retail energy businesses and the Mt Piper, Wallerawang and Eraring power stations
- Consortia on fully documented bids for Port of Newcastle and Darwin Port