Her practice covers the following areas:
Peggy's experience includes advising:
- a Europe-based financial services provider on its data protection compliance project covering 15 APAC jurisdictions
- an investment bank on its data protection law compliance project including reviewing privacy statement for a newly launched mobile app, and general customer and vendor contracts review
- a US private equity fund on telecoms licensing and other regulatory issues in relation to its acquisition of the fixed communications business from Hutchison in Hong Kong
- an Australian-based telecoms operator on its proposed joint venture with the incumbent telecoms operator in Indonesia for cloud, unified communications, security and network services
- a private equity fund on the intellectual property aspects in relation to its joint venture with a European partner for a number of European brands in Greater China including conducting intellectual property due diligence and advising on various intellectual property agreements and the intellectual property provisions in the transaction documents
Peggy holds the CIPP/A (Certified Information Privacy Professional/ Asia) certification.
She is recommended as an Expert in the 2020 Rising Stars Expert Guide for her work in privacy and data protection. She was ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide in 2017 and 2018.
Peggy holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business Administration (Law) from the University of Hong Kong. She also has a Master of Law from University College London.
Peggy is admitted to practise in Hong Kong and England and Wales. She is also a registered foreign lawyer in Singapore.
Peggy is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese (spoken and written).