Peggy holds the CIPP/A (Certified Information Privacy Professional/ Asia) certification, and has been ranked as Next Generation Lawyer - Singapore TMT Foreign Firms at Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017 and 2018.
Her practice covers the following areas:
- Asia data protection and cybersecurity: Peggy is an experienced lawyer specialising in data protection laws and cybersecurity laws in Asia. She frequently advises her clients on their regional data privacy compliance projects in Asia and is familiar with the data protection regime across the region. She also advises her clients on EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") compliance. Her data practice also covers data ownership/control /retention and data monetisation issues, drafting and negotiating data sharing/ licence agreement and advising on data issues in IT outsourcing contracts. Apart from data protection legislations, she is also familiar with the cybersecurity law regimes across Asia as such laws may affect data use and data storage (e.g. data localization requirements) in certain Asian jurisdictions. Peggy has spoken at numerous conferences and seminars on Asia data protection/ GDPR issues on a regional basis.
- Telecoms regulatory and Internet: Peggy advises her clients on their telecoms, e-commerce and Internet regulations compliance projects in Asia.
- Intellectual property: Peggy also advises on intellectual property matters covering intellectual property licensing agreements and distribution/ supply/ franchising agreements.
Peggy's experience includes advising:
- a Europe-based financial services provider on its data protection compliance project covering 15 APAC jurisdictions
- an investment bank on its data protection law compliance project including reviewing privacy statement for a newly launched mobile app, and general customer and vendor contracts review
- a US private equity fund on telecoms licensing and other regulatory issues in relation to its acquisition of the fixed communications business from Hutchison in Hong Kong
- an Australian-based telecoms operator on its proposed joint venture with the incumbent telecoms operator in Indonesia for cloud, unified communications, security and network services
- a private equity fund on the intellectual property aspects in relation to its joint venture with a European partner for a number of European brands in Greater China including conducting intellectual property due diligence and advising on various intellectual property agreements and the intellectual property provisions in the transaction documents
Peggy holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business Administration (Law) from the University of Hong Kong. She also has a Master of Law from University College London.
Peggy is admitted to practise in Hong Kong and England and Wales. She is also a registered foreign lawyer in Singapore.
Peggy joined the HSF Hong Kong office in 2011, and was transferred to the HSF Singapore office in 2014.
Peggy is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese (spoken and written).