Pedro has deep-lying expertise in advising on the range of structures used to finance and acquire projects and assets in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors. He acts for a broad client base of lenders, borrowers, project companies and other market participants, delivering expert legal advice on some of the largest projects and M&A transactions in developed and emerging markets.
The extensive experience that Pedro gathered over the past 15 years working in Latin America, UK and continental Europe – both as in-house and external counsel – allowed him to understand the nuances of the business and legal environments of a wide range of mature and emerging markets. His background allows him not only to assist clients with the legal features of the matters they have in hand, but also to seamless navigate through complex regulatory and commercial environments.
Pedro spent 8 years working in the corporate and M&A department of BMA – a full service law firm in Brazil – to then join OGX in Brazil as their legal manager for finance and oil trade. Additionally Pedro worked as senior counsel at Itaú BBA in London and Lisbon, focusing his practice on energy and infrastructure projects.
Pedro's experience includes advising:
- a syndicate of banks on the acquisition financing, structured as an RBL, in relation to the entire portfolio of oil fields held by Shell in Gabon
- Petrobras Oil & Gas B.V. on a up to US$1,4 billion RBL facility in connection with the development of Nigerian oil fields
- on a US$120 million facility to PetroRio, for purposes of the acquisition of the Bijupirá and Salema fields from Shell offshore Brazil
- on a US$600 million export prepayment facility, for purposes of oil field developments in Chad
- GranEnergia and Santander Brasil on a bridge facility for the construction of three floatels to be operated offshore Brazil
- Olympia Shipping B.V. on a US$165 million long-term financing for the construction and operation of a floatel to be operated offshore Brazil
Pedro studied Law and Economics at Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil and has a masters degree (LLM) from the London School of Economics. In 2012, Pedro completed the executive education programme at London Business School, focussing on Project Finance. He is fluent in Portuguese, English and Spanish.