Paul advises on corporate and projects matters, primarily in the energy and resources sector, with particular experience in acquisitions and disposals and joint venture arrangements.
Previously based in the firm’s Paris office, Paul is now based in Johannesburg where he continues to focus on francophone Africa.
Paul's experience includes advising:
- A leading European oil and gas client on various upstream acquisitions and disposals in Africa, Indonesia and Malaysia
- A confidential FTSE 100 client on a long-term gas sales agreement in connection with a gas-to-power project in North Africa
- Maurel et Prom on a farm-out of a 50% interest in Block 116 in Peru to Pacific Rubiales Energy and related joint venture arrangements
- Hess Corporation on the acquisition and disposal of interests in a number of onshore exploration permits and permit applications in the Paris Basin
- Sumitomo Corporation on the acquisition from SNC-Lavalin of its 5% ownership interest in the Ambatovy nickel joint venture project in Madagascar for approximately CDN$600 million, as well as ongoing joint venture matters
Paul holds a BA (Hons) in political science and economics (Glendon College, York University), an MA in International Affairs (Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University) and an LLB and DipLP (Edinburgh University).