Paul advises on corporate and projects matters, primarily in the energy and resources sector, with particular experience in acquisitions and disposals and joint venture arrangements.
Paul returned to the firm's Paris office in June 2020 after three years based in Johannesburg.
Paul's experience includes advising:
- BP on its involvement in the Greater Tortue-Ahmeyim LNG development, offshore Senegal and Mauritania
- BHP on a significant divestment in Guinea
- Chevron on its upstream interests in the Republic of Congo
- Genmin on the development of an iron ore project in Gabon
- a confidential FTSE 100 client on a long-term gas sales agreement in connection with a gas-to-power project in North Africa
- a leading European oil and gas client on various upstream acquisitions and disposals in Africa and South East Asia
- Sumitomo Corporation on the acquisition from SNC-Lavalin of its 5% ownership interest in the Ambatovy nickel joint venture project in Madagascar for approximately CDN$600 million, as well as ongoing joint venture matters
Paul holds a BA (Hons) in political science and economics (Glendon College, York University), an MA in International Affairs (Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University) and an LLB and DipLP (Edinburgh University).