Paul has developed considerable experience working with a number of clients on a range of corporate matters including public mergers, private acquisitions and group re-structurings with a particular focus on the consumer products sector. Paul's work has also covered a number of jurisdictions including notable experience working with clients based in India.
Paul has also advised on numerous corporate governance matters such as assisting clients with their annual reports and in preparing for their annual general meetings.
In recent months, Paul has undertaken a significant amount of work reviewing the law on electronic signatures and digital signatures in the UK both through summarising the legal position and through setting out some of the practical benefits and risks associated with signing by electronic means.
Paul has advised:
- Stagecoach on the disposal of its Megabus platform business in mainland Europe
- Klarna on the signing of binding agreements in relation to the acquisition of Billpay from Wonga Group
- Mitsubishi on its acquisition of 25 per cent of South Staffordshire Water
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec on its acquisition of a significant minority interest in TVS Logistics Services from Goldman Sachs and KKR
- Aegate, a pan-european IT services provider, on arrangements for the provision of medicines authentication technology and related services to participants in the European pharmaceuticals sector
Paul graduated from Magdalene College, Cambridge in 2011 and holds a MA Cantab (Hons) Law. Paul joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2012 and qualified in September 2014.