Paul advises corporates, international financial buyers and trading houses on cross-border M&A, joint ventures, investments and corporate governance matters. His clients include those from, or focused on, the manufacturing and industrials, infrastructure, power, consumer and real estate sectors.
Paul is based in our Tokyo Corporate group, having previously worked in our London Corporate group.
Paul qualified as a solicitor in 2011.
Paul's experience includes advising:
- Sumitomo Corporation on the acquisition of Sekal AS, a software technology company based in Norway offering real time dynamic analytics and automated drilling process control for the Oil & Gas industry
- Sumitomo Corporation on the acquisition of European parking operator Q-Park's businesses in Sweden, Norway and Finland from KKR
- a Japanese trading house on the restructuring, refinancing and sale processes relating to its interest in various UK and European offshore renewable wind power assets
- Sumitomo Corporation on its investment into M-KOPA Holdings Limited, the leading 'pay-as-you-go' solar power and finance platform in Africa
- Oxford Properties on the sale (alongside British Land) of its joint venture interest in the Leadenhall Building (the "Cheesegrater") to CC Land. Total deal value, £1.15 billion
- Moorfield on the £1 billion sale of a diversified investment portfolio to Lone Star
- British American Tobacco on the acquisition of Blue Nile Cigarette Company in Sudan
- Pearson on a joint venture between the Financial Times and leading Spanish business school IE