Paul's practice focuses on complex private equity investments and cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions. He has extensive experience representing multinational corporations, investment banks, and private equity firms in their cross-border strategic and financial investments, acquisitions and joint ventures transactions. His industry experience includes financial institutions, logistics, fintech, infrastructure, manufacturing, natural resources, real estate and technology.
In addition, Paul also provides comprehensive legal advice to domestic and foreign companies, including corporate governance, internal restructuring and regulatory matters.
Paul is qualified to practice in Hong Kong and Australia (Victoria), and has previously worked in international and US law firms. His working languages are English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Paul's experience includes:
- advising Haier Electronics Group Co., Ltd., a Hong Kong listed company, in its strategic cooperation and investment arrangement with the Alibaba group
- advising Forgame Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong listed company, in its restructuring of an investment in convertible bonds and acquisition of a fintech company
- advising a consortium of China Travel Financial Holdings Co., Limited, (a PRC state-owned enterprise), Pepper Group (from Australia) and York funds (a US based PE fund) for an acquisition of the Prime Credit group from Standard Chartered Bank
- advising CITIC Capital in its over RMB 1 billion real estate investment in the PRC
- advising an enterprise engaged in waste-to-energy business in connection with a US$48 million Pre-IPO minority investment from a consortium led by Olympus Capital