Paul helps clients with executive remuneration and incentives matters. He has established a wide range of cash-based and share-based incentive plans for listed and private companies in the UK and globally.
Paul advises clients on the incentive plan aspects of many significant transactions, including takeovers, IPOs, rights issues, demergers and schemes of arrangement.
He also works with clients on the remuneration aspects of executive recruitments and terminations and helps financial institutions on the implementation and effect of recent regulatory requirements.
Memberships Paul is a member of the Corporate Governance Advisory Team, which provides companies with best practice advice in executive remuneration. He was for many years a member of the Tax Committee and is currently a member of the Corporate and Regulatory Committee of the Share Plan Lawyers Group.
Accolades Chambers UK 2015 describes Paul as having "a well-established reputation for his thorough knowledge of share schemes law, as well as his excellent client service" and his expertise in this field is also recognised by his rankings in both the Legal 500 and Chambers.
Paul's recent experience includes advising:
- Arris Inc on the share plan aspects of its £1.4 billion acquisition of Pace plc
- TUI Travel on the share plan aspects of its recommended £5.2 billion all-share merger with TUI AG
- Coats Group, Dart Group, Henderson Global Investors, Page Group and The Weir Group on establishing new share plans
- Atos, Aventis, Michelin, Peugeot, Rexel, Saint Gobain, Sanofi, Vivendi and Worldline on the UK implementation of global employee share offerings
- on directors' remuneration reports for many companies including BHP Billiton, Ferrexpo and SIG