Paul leads the London corporate real estate practice which is fully embedded in the real estate team.
Paul's unique role as a corporate lawyer working within the real estate team brings with it unrivalled sector knowledge and experience. This enables Paul to advise clients on some of the highest profile and most complex corporate real estate transactions in the UK market.
Paul acts for listed vehicles, private equity funds, institutional investors, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, banks and high net worth individuals from all around the world. He works on a broad range of corporate real estate transactions including joint ventures (investment and development), structured investments, acquisitions, disposals and solvent / insolvent reorganisations.
His expertise includes seamlessly pulling together the corporate, tax, finance and property aspects of corporate real estate deals. He has particular experience of structuring, negotiating and completing complex development joint ventures.
Paul is a regular speaker at seminars and a leading commentator on corporate real estate having written numerous published articles.
Pauls experience includes advising:
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its 50:50 development joint venture with Land Securities Group to redevelop Nova Victoria, London (a c. £1billion mixed use office, retail and residential scheme)
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its joint ventures and mixed-use developments with BT Pension Fund at Paradise Circus, Birmingham (one of the largest redevelopments in the UK) and Wellington Place, Leeds (a 1.5 million sq ft area of newly developed commercial, retail, leisure and residential space)
- Oxford Properties on its joint venture with British Land for the development of the 47 storey Leadenhall Building at 122 Leadenhall, London (formerly known as "the Cheesegrater")
- London & Continental Railways on the sale of its interests in the King's Cross Central Partnership (the entity that owns and is developing the King's Cross Central are in London) to the largest pension fund in Australia, AustralianSuper
- A far eastern sovereign wealth fund on the establishment of a 50/50 joint venture with a UK listed property company for the development of a 200,000 sq. ft. office led mixed used development at Bond Street, London